All Environmental / Ecological Problems Are Consumer RelatedEarth Day: (2016) It is hard to get people behind an environmental movement or meme as the term that is trendy today. No one want's to look at themselves when crying foul. Unlike, most trends that people get behind where one can indulge in self righteous indignation, the finger of blame in environmental causes eventually always comes back to the consumer. Every polluting, carbon footprint creating entity does so in service to the consumer. That is us!
- Convenience Food
- Personal Hygiene
- Water usage
That Means We Have Control Over Solving The ProblemsWe can choose the level of our convenience vs our care for what kind of planet we leave to our children. Actually we are at a point of making choices that impact the quality of our planet right now.
Ask Yourself...What is the impact of what I am about to do right now?
- Do I have to take the car out right now? Can I wait until I have more errands to run? Can I use public transportation? Is a bike an option?
- Do I need the light on right now? Do I have lights on in unoccupied rooms?
- Is the TV, stereo, computer on without me using it?
- Do I need packaged food, or can I use fresh produce and meat?
- Do I need the bag, or can I put my purchases in my pocket, purse, my own bag?
- What is the impact of the cosmetics I use? Are they created without cruelty to animals? What kind of byproducts are washed into the sewers? Do I really need to use make up?
- Is my toothpaste and soap flooding the sewers with micro beads of plastic? Can I brush with baking soda?
- Do I need to eat animal food that uses much more water to produce and creates more waste
Do I give a f**k about others; or am I only concerned with my conveniences and don't give a sh*t about how I might impact others?